1. If all the world’s a stage,
be the one hand clapping.
2. Like baubles across a bassinet
the past invites endless play.
3. Your future is in the distance
between this breath and the next.
4. Every day is your birth-day;
give yourself a present.
5. Never let your right lover
be your left lover
6. Avoid keeping secrets;
they breed like lies.
7. If you’re a paranoid bee
don’t make honey.
8. Collect labels and wear them all;
they’re your medals from the war of independence
9. The dark is afraid of you;
a torch-bearer needs no sword.
10. Death is a hard act to follow;
save it until last.